Howdy! Arjun Ramesh here
I am a PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) under Prof. Anthony Rowe. My research interests include distributed embedded systems, computer architecture, and operating systems. In particular, I am focused on expanding emerging low-level virtualization solutions, like WebAssembly into distributed, cyber-physical systems. I completed my B.S in ECE at UT Austin, with a focus in Computer Architeture and Embedded Systems.
I often engross myself in personal projects, hackathons, and product development. A notable mention is my senior capstone research project at UT, where we designed an in-house out-of-order RISC-V core with custom perfomance enhancing extensions to system. A more detailed list of my personal projects can be found here
Career goals aside, I enjoy playing sports including surfing, badminton, and trekking. Listening to and playing music is a great way for me to escape the stress of work and express my artistic side. You can learn more about my hobbies here
Culturally, I am an Indian-American who has had nearly equal exposure to both cultures. I cannot begin to choose between which one I value more, so I hope to absorb and embrace the best parts of both.
- Oct 2023: Invited talk: Leveraging Wasm Instrumentation at Wasm Research Day (with Tianshu Huang)
- Apr 2023: Officially a PhD Candidate after passing my qualifiers
- Oct 2022: Invited talk: Giving the Cloud an Edge with WebAssembly at Wasm Research Day (with Tianshu Huang)
- Aug 2021: Started my PhD at Carnegie Mellon University!
- May 2021: Graduated with a Bachelors degree from UT Austin
Robert Mehrabian CIC (1st floor)
4720 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Refer to page footer for other social links