18200 - The Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Engineering
This class consists of a series of individual lectures given by different faculty members and distinguished alumni. The lectures are designed to serve the following purposes:
- provide students a good understanding of our curriculum structure and the courses in each of our five principle subject areas;
- introduce to students the emerging trends in electrical and computer engineering and the relevance of our courses;
- present to students our faculty’s research fields;
- discuss basic learning and working ethics;
- prepare students career-making from faculty members, 2 lectures on learning and working ethics, and 2 lectures from our alumni. Students are required to attend each lecture. An award for the best lecturer, selected by students, will be given at the end skills;
- introduce new undergraduate courses and research opportunities.
1 hrs. lec
pass/fail, required to graduate. Sophomore standing required.