Lamb wave generation
Lamb wave generation by a wafer-type transducer.
Experimental measurements of Lamb waves in an
- Nieuwenhuis, J., Neumann, J., Greve, D.W., and
Oppenheim, I., "Generation
and detection of guided waves using PZT wafer transducers," (draft
of published paper, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and
Frequency Control 52, 2103-2111 (2005)).
- D W Greve, P. Zheng, and I J Oppenheim, "Transition
from Lamb waves to longitudinal waves in plates," (draft of
published paper, Smart Mater. Struct. 17 (2008)).
- D.W. Greve, "Simulation
of ultrasonic Lamb waves," COMSOL Seminar, March 23, 2005
(Pittsburgh, PA). [best viewed at 100% scale. The problem with .pdf quality
is a consequence of bugs in Adobe Acrobat and Powerpoint.]
- Nieuwenhuis, J., Neumann, J., Greve, D., and Oppenheim,
and Testing of Transducers for Lamb Wave Generation," IMAC-XXIII
Conference on Structural Dynamics, Society for Experimental Mechanics,
Orlando, February 2005.
- Greve, D., Neumann, J., Nieuwenhuis, J., Oppenheim, I.,
and Tyson, N., "Use
of Lamb Waves to Monitor Plates: Experiments and Simulations," SPIE
Smart Structures/NDE Joint Conference, Paper 5765-31, San Diego, March 2005.
- Greve, D. W., Tyson, N. L., and Oppenheim, I. J.,
"Design and Testing of Lamb Wave Transducers," Fifth International
Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Stanford, September 2005.
- Greve, D. W., Oppenheim, I. J., and Sohn, H., “Design
Considerations for a Non-Contact Inductively Coupled Lamb Wave
Transducer,” 2006 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium (IEEE, Piscataway, NJ)
[also at inductive.html]
- Greve, D. W., Zheng, P., and Oppenheim, I. J., “Excitation
of longitudinal and Lamb waves in plates by edge-mounted transducers,”
IEEE Ultrasonics Conference, New York, November 2007.
- David W. Greve, Irving J. Oppenheim, and Peng Zheng, "Lamb
Waves and Nearly-Longitudinal Waves in Thick Plates," SPIE Smart
Structures/NDE Joint Conference, San Diego, March 2008.